19 Jun 2013

Teeny Tiny Little Succulents

(source)

Okay so I won't lie to you, this post is firstly only to see how images appear on my new blog and secondly because I don't want to do any of my homework that I really ought to be doing. Because I am really proud of this photo I took on Instagram I thought I would share it with you all in greater detail!

So on February 21st  I rocked up to school in a pretty good mood because it was, well, my birthday. I got to my locker (remarkably at that point in time I was still using my locker, these days I just dump my shit in the art building and never leave but you probably don't care about that at all) and staring me right in the face was my wonderful best friend Kelly holding a suspicious looking JB-HI-FI bag. We went through all of the birthday greetings as you do and then finally she whipped one of the best birthday presents I have ever received out of the glaringly bright yellow bag. In a gorgeous teeny tiny little pink pot plant sat a teeny tiny little cactus along a teeny tiny little fluffy succulent which were both buried in teeny tiny little blue rocks. How fan-bloody-tastic! (There is no sarcasm in that statement even if it sounds like there is.)

What I love most about this present is that it will last forever and ever and the fact that Kelly "planted it all herself!". I did a bit of research for you scallywags if you're interested and I have found that you can buy a huge array of succulents from Bunnings for less than $5 (that's a pretty cheap if you ask me, and I am the queen of stingy). You can also get an array of coloured pots cheap from Bunnings too. What I think makes my pot plant super cute is the decorative pebbles that Kelly has placed on top of the potting mix (you can also get these from Bunnings too or you could just use the ones out of a fish tank). My wonderful present sits proudly on my bookshelf.

If you wish to make your own, putting it together is pretty darn straight forward: fill pot with some potting mix, plant succulents, cover the top with pebbles (it ain't no rocket science). And guess what, you hardly even have to water them! So if you're on the lookout for give to that friend that's impossible to buy for, I think I have found your answer (you're welcome).

Happy planting! - Zoe x

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with succulents and cacti. I will definitely be buying more when I get the chance :-)

    ReplyDelete